Open Access Week 2012 - William Gunn Lecture
- Presentation – How Open Scholarship is Changing Research
- When and Where - 4:30pm-5:30pm in McGuffey 322
- Presenter: William Gunn, Ph.D - Head of Academic Outreach for Mendeley
- Abstract: New digital capabilities – including electronic publishing, social media, institutional repositories, and copyright legislation – are profoundly impacting traditional scholarly communication. These changes are affecting traditional models of commercial publishing and promotion and tenure systems. In celebration of Open Access Week, join us for this presentation by William Gunn, PhD, as he challenges us to think about research and scholarly communication that is collaborative, open, and transparent. Gunn, Head of Academic Outreach for Mendeley, will also discuss social discovery of research and the importance of connecting with other researchers.
- More information about Mendeley (PDF file) can be found here or by visiting www.mendeley.com.
- You can learn more about William Gunn at http://www.mendeley.com/profiles/william-gunn/.