Home :: Collections :: Exhibits
- Box 1
- "The Muu-Muu: Western's New Black Dress?" Amy Bergseth, Archive Billboard in the Peabody hallway, 2005-2006.
- *Title banner (in pieces), "The Muu-Muu: Western's New Black Dress?"
*Small article from The Press, "Snowy Notes Scraped Up While Shoveling the Walk".
*School photo from 1958 where every student is wearing the newest fashion trend- the Muu-Muu
*Info on Barbara Anne Konheim, the "Catalyst of the Craze"
*Article with pictures, "A To-Do Over MuuMuu" (Life Magazine, December 2, 1957)
- *Photographs from Life Magazine.
- -Girl on phone
-Girls on the stairs
-Girls with bicycles
-By the Duck Pond
-Girl by a fountain
-Girl on a bicycle
-Girls in science class
-Girl and boy walking under a bridge
- "The Women of Western College." Amy Bergseth, Front Case of King Library, 2005.
- *Large banner, dark blue on white, reading: "The Women of Western College."
*"Helen Peabody 1855-1888": Short biography and a photograph of Helen Peabody and friend at Mount Holyoke.
*Photograph of Helen Peabody
*"Leila McKee 1888-1904": Short biography and a photograph.
- *"In October of 1896 Miss McKee dressed up as the Czarina of Russia."
-Scan of the writing on the back of the photograph
*"Lilian Wyckoff Johnson 1904-1906": Short biography and an article (with photograph) "mentioning that Dr. Lilian Johnson chaperoned her Western students to Cincinnati for a visit."
*Portrait of Lilian Johnson, 1907
*"Mary Moore Dabney Thomson 1941-1945": Short biography and photograph.
*"An article explaining that Mary Moore Thomson was elected Mother of the Year in 1943 by the American Mother's Committee of the Golden Rule Foundation."
- Not in Box
- *Notes from Nannie Mills, class of 1862, entitled "76 Wishes of Miss Peabody."
*Article entitled "Women Educators of America." Miss Lilian W. Johnson pictured.
*Transcript of the speech "Women Hold the Ballot Front" or "Vote, Women, Vote" that Mary Moore Dabney Thomson read while President.
- "Western Then and Now: 1853-1974." Amy Bergseth, Front Case of King Library, 2005.
- *Large banner, dark blue on white, reading: "Western Then and Now: 1853-1974; The Western College Memorial Archives."
*Scanned image of a Western Flag.
*The Duck Pond, 19th Century
*The Duck Pond, 20th Century
*19th century dorm room with double bed
*20th century dorm room with bunked beds
*Horse and Carriage
*Station Wagon, World War II Era
*Anatomy Class, 19th Century
*Science Class, 20th Century
*Quote from the 1953 Multifaria, "The Best of the Past is Part of our Present."
*All the classes prior to 1879 outside Peabody Hall
*The class of 1968 outside Peabody Hall
- Box 2
- "The Western Spirit: An Introspective Look at Class Tradition." Maggie Shell, Peabody Gallery 120, 2006.
- Folder 1
- *Unused, unidentified images
- -Small 1764 Class Motto
-Small 1760 Class Motto
-Small image of girls posing by lamp
-Small image of girls doing their nails.
-Small image of an early class
-Small image of field hockey
-Small image of '69 flag
-Small image of old class
-Small image of girls outside on the front steps of Peabody
-Small image of girls outside talking by the duck pond
-Small image of girls celebrating and wearing beanines
-Small image of a girl using a typewriter at her desk in her dorm room
-Small image of a girl coming out of the bathroom with a towel on her head
-Small image of girls wearing beanies and dancing in a line
-Small image of balloons coming down from the ceiling at a dance
-Small image of a girl sitting at the duck pond
-Small image of girls in a dorm room with a bunkbed
-Small image of girls sitting in window seats
-Small image of girls at the lodge
-Small image of people horseback riding
-Small image of girls playing in the leaves
-Small image of girls walking barefoot
-Small image of girls playing tug of war in the mud
-Small image of the class of 1923 with their flag
-Small image of the class of 1919 with their flag
-Small image of the Tree Day lantern drill, "W" formation
-Image of a girl using a typewriter at her desk in her dorm room
-Image of field Hockey
-1769 Class Motto
-1756 Class Motto
-Image of balloons coming down from the ceiling at a dance
-1765 Class Motto
-1759 Class Motto
-Image of girls outside on the front steps of Peabody
- Intro Banner (behind Folder 1)
- Frames, objects and mounted photos (In order of setup; Frames are on the shelf near the Box)
- *Introduction Label (Small black frame, blue background)
- *Class mottos (Large Black frame, blue and black background)
- -Small 1856 class motto
-Large 1860 class motto
-Large 1870 class motto
-Large 1864 class motto
-Large 1862 class motto
-Small 1865 class motto
-Large 1874 class motto
- *Senior Class Tradition- The Howl (Small silver frame, black background)
- -Picture from Cumberland Falls, Ky.
-Picture on a Riverboat
-Picture of girls with suitcases
- *Junior Class Tradition- The Junior Garb (Small black frame, blue background)
-Image of girls in their Garb
-Image of girls in their Garb
- *Sophomore Class Tradition- The Sophomore Stunt (Small silver frame, black background)
- -Image of girls performing in the 1945 Sophomore Stunt
-Image of girls performing in the 1945 Sophomore Stunt
- *Freshmen Class Traditions- Hell Day and College Day (Small black frame, blue background)
- -Label on Hell Day
-Image from a Hell Day
-Image from a College Day
-Label on College Day
- *Flag/Tree Day (Large black frame, blue and black background)
- -16 images of various class flags
- *Flag/Tree Day Part II (Large silver frame, black and blue background
- -Label and four images about the longevity of the Flag Day
-Label and image from the 1918 Tree Day
-'Did You Know?' Label about the missing flags and two images of flags hanging in the trees
-Label and three images of Freshmen performing 'Drill' during early Tree Days.
- *Objects in a case (Not kept in this record group!)
-Tree Day program (housed in College Events and Traditions)
-Letters between "Big Sister" and "Little Sister" (housed in Students)
-Class songs (Housed in College Events and Traditions)
-Beanie (Housed at Patterson Place)
- *Class flag (Black frame, gray background; Housed at Patterson Place)
- Labels from the case (behind the wall banner in the box)
- *Images and labels on the blue and black wall partition, which was borrowed from King Library. At the back of Box 2.
- -Label about the progression of the years and the maintenance of traditions (mounted on matboard with tacks on the back).
- -Images, in no particular order (mounted on matboard with tacks on the back)
- *Girls in beanies dancing in a row
*Four girls posing by a lamp post
*Girl climbing a tree
*Girls talking by the duck pond
*Girls posing by a fence
*Girls in a circle on the ground under a tree
*Girls posing by an old building with a "Do Not Enter" sign
*Girls playing tug-o-war in the mud
*Girls doing their nails
- -"The Best of the Past is Part of our Present" quote Label (mounted on matboard with tacks on the back.)