Directory: Writers with Works in NAWPA
Plays in the Archive
Unpublished Plays in North
- The Lesser Wars: Twelve "sorties". 74 pages. 1W 1M. Synopsis
- Jump Kiss: Seven "plates". 71 pages. 1+ voices. Synopsis
- The Woman Who Was a Red Deer Dressed for a Deer Dance. One act. 31 pages. 1W 1G.
- Halfact. One act. 11 pages. 1G 1B 1Narrator. Synopsis
- The Truth Teller. Four "seasons". 17 pages. 1W 1M.
- Segwohi. Six scenes. 43 pages. 1W 2M.
- Mother of Mosquitos. One act. 7 pages. 1W 2M/W Chorus.
- The Best Fancy Dancer the Pushmataha Pow Wow's Ever Seen. Two acts. 49 pages. 2W 2M 2M/W.
- One Horse. One act. 4 pages. 2 Voices.
- The Sum of Winter: A Fractional Play. 2005. Eight plays
three to twenty-four pages each that can be presented in various
- Stone Heart: Everyone Loves a Journey West. 2005. One act. 25
1W 2M. This play is about the 1804-06 Lewis & Clark expedition from Fort
Mandan to the Pacific Coast and back. Its focus is Sacajawea.
Premier, February 17 through March 13, 2006, Native Voices at the
Autry (Autry National Center, Los Angles), directed by Randy Reinholz.
Sacajawea (photo by Maria Ventura).
- Salvage. 2008. 32 scenes. 60 pages. 1W 2M. Synopsis. Productions: Native Voices at
the Autry (Los Angeles), October 31-November 23, 2008; Origins
Festival (London), May 9-17, 2009.
- The Distant Cry of Betelgeuse
- The Collector of a Three-Cornered Stamp
- The Words of My Roaring
- The Conversion of Inversion
- Man Red
Links to other pages about Diane Glancy
- One Age in a Dream. 1986
- Offering: Poetry and Prose. 1988
- Iron Woman: Poems. 1990
- Trigger Dance. 1990
- Lone Dog's Winter Count. 1991
- Claiming Breath. 1992
- Firesticks: A Collection of Stories. 1993
- Monkey Secret. 1995
- Tante Parnettas elektrische Wunden. 1995
- "Weebjob." In Contemporary Plays by Women of Color. 1996
- "Weebjob," selections. In Great Scenes from Minority
- Pushing the Bear: A Novel of the Trail of Tears. 1996
- The West Pole. 1996
- The Only Piece of Furniture in the House: A Novel. 1996
- War Cries: A Collection of Plays. Holy Cow!, 1997
- The Cold-and-Hunger Dance. 1998
- Flutie: A Novel. 1998
- "Jack Wilson or Wovoka and Christ My Lord" and "Polar Breath" in The Norton Anthology of American Literature, 5th ed. 1998
- Fuller Man: A Novel. 1999
- Visit Teepee Town: Native Writings after the Detour. Edited by Diane Glancy and Mark Nowak. 1999
- The Relief of America. 2000
- The Man Who Heard the Land. 2001
- American Gypsy: Six Native American Plays. 2002
- Designs of the Night Sky. 2002
- The Mask Maker: A Novel. 2002
- The Shadow's Horse. 2003
- Stone Heart: A Novel of Sacajawea. 2003
- Primer of the Obsolete. 2004
- In-Between Places: Essays. 2005
- Rooms: New and Selected Poems. 2005
- The Dance Partner: Poems. 2006
- The Reason for Crows: A Novel of Kateri Tetakwitha. Albany:
SUNY Press, 2009.
- Pushing the Bear: After the Trail of Tears. Norman:
University of Oklahoma
Contact the Archive.